Our dentist may provide a fixed or removable orthodontic appliance to influence the growth of your jaws, widen the palate, or retain the position of the teeth. Dr. Lawrence Wu and Dr. Rosie Matin utilize their experience and skill to determine which orthodontic appliance will produce the best results for your smile. To learn more about orthodontic appliances in San Jose, California, call 408-266-2800 or visit NuSmile Dental & Orthodontics today.
Based on your specific orthodontic needs, our dentist may recommend a removable orthodontic appliance. There are several types of removable appliances available. Depending on your Individual needs and goals, we may suggest a:
- Clear aligner – Clear aligners are a discreet alternative to traditional braces. These aligners are custom made to fit over your teeth and gently move your teeth to their correct positions. Because they are made of clear, smooth plastic, they are both comfortable and virtually invisible.
- Retainer – Retainers are used to maintain your straight, beautiful smile after orthodontic treatment. There are several types of retainers available, and our team will help you determine which type is best suited to your needs.
- Mouth guard – This can be used to protect your smile from injury and damage. We often recommend protective mouth guards for our patients who participate in sports and other athletic activities.
- Headgear – Headgear is most often used to restrict the growth of the upper jaw and improve an overbite (overjet).
- Night guard – You may need a night guard if you grind and clench your teeth as you sleep. The night guard creates a barrier between the teeth to protect them.
- Palatal expander – A palatal expander is a device used to create more space in the mouth by gradually widening the upper jaw. This is used for children while their mouth and jaws are still developing.
Call us today to learn more and to find out whether a removable appliance is right for your smile.